13.1.07

this is the next step


so, for years I have maintained web pages for my classes. each summer I would diligently convert my syllabi into HTML. at the beginning of each semester I would direct students to those pages. sometimes on the university server, sometimes on a server I purchased hosting from. inevitably though, before the third week of the semester I abandoned the web page except as a reminder for students of what the course syllabus was. i found it too onerous to use the web page for regular communication between myself and my students. e-mail list serves became my default. cut and paste as I browsed and sent along. at the end of each semester however I was left with no continuous record of the communications I had had with my students over the course of the semester.


finally, I gave up on pages a couple of years ago.....but, e-mail is less than adequate, during the semester many students claim not to have received important information I sent via e-mail, and I find course-ware websites as onerous as web pages.


sooooooo, I have decided to make a foray into the blogosphere to see if this might be a means for communication with my students. we'll see how it goes.


below you will find the required book for the classes I am teaching this semester. they were my test posts...with the help of a program called Zoundry.


Powered by Zoundry

No comments: